Five AI Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This privacy notice will inform you about how we will look after your personal data, your privacy rights and how the law protects you when you apply to join us.
The purpose of this privacy notice
Our general privacy notice can be found at https://five.ai/privacy
. It’s important that you read that information, together with this information.
This privacy notice supplements our general privacy notice by giving you information about how we collect and process the personal data we obtain from you when you apply to join us. It’s not intended to override our general privacy notice.
Five AI Limited is the controller of any personal data we collect and is responsible for any use we make of that personal data (referred to as, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details below.
Our contact details are:Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy, Five AI Limited, Kett House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk
). We’d appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please consider contacting us first.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was updated on 25 July 2022
and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. When you apply for work with us, we may collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
- Personal details such as date of birth, gender and nationality;
- CV’s or cover letters or any other document that you provide to us or is provided to us as part of the application process;
- Information about your right to work in the UK;
- Information regarding your work history, qualifications, professional memberships, education, experience, or employment references;
- Information from social profiles and profiles on other collaboration or recruitment platforms, such as LinkedIn and Github;
- Photographs if included on CVs or otherwise on supplementary documents submitted as part of the recruitment process; and
- The results of any testing that we may carry out as part of the recruitment process.
We may also collect, store and use the following types of more sensitive personal information which could include:
- Information about whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process; and
- Information about criminal convictions and offences (where the nature of the job requires this).
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be collected through application forms; your CV; from correspondence with you or an agency; or through interviews, meetings or other assessments.
We may collect personal data about you from third parties, references supplied by former employers or agencies and information from criminal records checks permitted by law. This includes personal data from publicly accessible sources such as social media platforms, collaboration and recruitment platforms such as Github, LinkedIn and Companies House.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Decide whether to enter into a contract with you;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data in this way as it allows us to manage our recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment or the work and decide to who to appoint to undertake that role or work. It also enables us to respond to and defend against any legal claims in connection with the recruitment process.
While you may have a right to object to our use of your personal data, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
We may use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation or gender, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
Information about criminal convictions
We would process information about criminal convictions where legally required to do so or where this is permissible to do so and appropriate given the nature of the role or work. If the role or work requires a high degree of trust and integrity we might ask you to seek a basic disclosure of your criminal records history.
We will only share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of processing your application where necessary, for example with recruitment consultancies, or with other companies within our corporate group. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use personal data that we have provided to them for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will retain your personal information for a period of 24 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether or not you’ve been successful. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If you are successful in your application, information collected as part of the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. Information about our retention of personal information about employees, workers and contractors will be provided to you at the relevant time.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the data privacy manager at email@example.com
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please see the section headed ‘Your legal rights’ in our general privacy notice
which explains what those rights are and how you can exercise them.
When we have to contact you, we’ll do so using the contact details you’ve provided to us in your application.
Please read this notice together with our general privacy notice, which you’ll find at https://five.ai/privacy. It contains important information about, among other matters: changes of purpose; disclosures of your personal data; international transfers; data security; data retention; and, your legal rights.